River baby never ignores any detailed inspection on a batch production, even if it’s a very standard production. Our QC found and solved the fracture problem on the canopy of baby stroller.
Our Australian customer placed the third order for Milly Coup.
Considering it is an old and running product, many quality inspection representatives do not pay much attention on the quality of their production. What they do not realize is that a problem often occurs at a certain point.
As the QC team of River baby, we never make such mistakes and always inspect every order as the first order. We took two to three baby strollers out that were already and then did our standard process of inspection and control again. Unfortunately, when the canopy was folded and unfolded on both sides for 5-10 times, the plastic of the canopy fixing seat deformed and broke. Usually, we hold from the middle section when retracting the canopy, so that the left and right forces of the canopy are evenly distributed, and there would be no problem with the plastic of the fixing seats on both sides. But, when we operated from one side, the uneven force made the plastic to break right away.
Why did the first two orders not report this problem? That’s because the problem is caused by multiple factors:
1. Unilateral operation from the side, uneven force.
2. Inferior plastic parts cannot withstand greater force.
3. The plastic of the rotary seat needs to move, so when we hold the rivet tighter, it was difficult to adjust even from the middle. It’s just that the first two batches were riveted loosely, and this batch of the same plastic riveting was tighter, so the first two batches were fine, and this batch had this hidden danger.
We carefully and repeatedly discussed and found the root of the problem. So, we developed a plan to rework and improve it. Besides, we will also be following this plan for the future orders.
How We Did It？
1. We have replaced the plastic material that cannot withstand force from the original PP material to PA material to ensure that even when the above 1 & 3 conditions occur, the plastic of the parts does not be damaged.
2. Our factory is required to do key control stations for the rivets of this part to ensure that the tightness of the riveting is moderate.
3. Our factory has to fasten the process. Whether it is unfolding from one side or in the middle, the plastic of the swivel seat should rotate smoothly, and there will be no jams.
4. Our factory is required to train workers from time to time in response to such problems.